Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Must be something in the water...

I overheard something the other day that I made me want to comment on so bad but I couldn’t, because my wife said I can’t be an asshole to anyone at all anymore for any reason. Apparently it really pisses people off. So I reframed from saying anything but when you hear something like this it makes you just want to slap the stupid out of someone.

The other day I am shooting the breeze with one of my friends at work when someone came by and was talking about this new Rolling Stones movie that is coming out when they let out this nugget of genius. “I hope that they put out the sound track soon because I bet there is going to be some really great music on it” which was followed up with “I love the Stones”. Shawn and I make eye contact and then look at her and say “Yeah… well I am sure they will”

So let me get this straight, you are a big Stones fan and are excited about a concert movie that is coming out for a band that has not put out a new album in almost 3 years and the album before that was 14 years ago yet you can’t wait for a CONCERT DOCUMENTARY sound track to come out? Ok, so there are three songs that have guest appearances on them but two of them are from the Exile on Main St album from ’72 and the other is a Muddy Waters song from 1981. (insert hypocrite statement here) Don’t get me wrong, it’s a really cool tune. But still.

Are you a complete moron? Hey mental midget, here is a crazy thought, maybe, just maybe, the music has already been released? Ever think about that? I got a feeling that some of it might have been released in the 60’s, some in the 70’s, maybe some of it was released in the 80’s and quite possible some was released in the 90’s and in the 2000’s. Quite possibly it’s all on some sort of a collect that comes in a box or maybe someone will have an idea to put all of their greatest hits together and sell it. I know it’s a stretch but someone just may have done that already.

I heard the idiocy when the movie “Ray” came out. Someone couldn’t wait to get the sound track, the sound track of a movie about a man who was already dead when the movie came out. Do you really think that there is going to be some NEW music on it?

My god man, the guy had not put out a new album for a couple of years or so. What do you think is going to be on that CD that hasn’t been out for years?

I don’t know why I am surprised when I hear stuff like this. But for some reason if just baffles me. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if someone said “Hey I hear there is a new speed racer movie coming out, I wonder what it’s about?” or “Oh man, I can’t wait to see “Rocky 17” I wonder if he will have something to do with boxing in it?”

Please god let these people be sterile.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails