Monday, April 13, 2009

MIA

Sorry that I haven’t been around lately. Something has happened to our family.

WE HAD ANOTHER BABY!!

That’s right this little guy joined our family on Sunday 4/5/09



So needless to say, I have been a bit busy.

Not only did my wife’s water break at about 1:20 am last Sunday, when we did get discharged my wife’s c-section incision ripped open. So we went back to the hospital the same day that we were released only to have her doctor tell us to just keep it clean and let it heal on its own (WTF?) and then sent us home. After some discussion at home we decided that we didn’t like that idea. We call and speak to the on-call doc who tells us to come back in the next morning. We do so and long story short we get sent to the wound care center. The wound care center re-admitted my wife to the hospital, but not our new baby.

So get this, there is my wife and I, with our newborn crammed into a room while we are able to get my in-laws to keep an eye on our other two children. I thought we might get to go home that day or maybe the next. Nope, we were in the freaking hospital for four more days. So we have been living out of a duffel bag for over a week and just got home today.

I am freaking tired and not sure what day it is but happy to be home. Other than the gaping wound in my wife’s abdomen, mom and baby are doing well.

And I have so many things that I want to write about.

Don’t get dead

6 comments:

Andrea said...

What an adorable baby!!!
What is his name??
Hope your wife gets better soon!

kimberkara said...

Yay! Congratulations! He is beautiful.

The Middle Lifer said...

3 strikes? Does this mean your balls are now out?

Congrats.

cassdawn said...

aaaawwww - i just want to eat him!!

that's a good thing in my family :)

congratulations

none said...

Sorry It's so late, but Congratulations on the new baby. He's absolutely adorable...must take after his mom.

The Dadman Diaries said...

Duuuude! Congrats! And when I can arrange a trip to TX to see my sister, I am so thinking we need beers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails