Friday, January 11, 2008

Writers strike

As I have stated before, I don't get a chance to watch a lot of television so some of this may be old news to you.

I have noticed there are more and more games shows' coming out that has to be because of the writers strike that is going on. But at least they are not "reality shows". One that I tivo'd but have not had a chance to watch yet is Duel. Duel is a trivia game show, which I like, where you can apparently call out your opponent, which I like even more. So that looks like it might be decent.

Then I hear there is an Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader celebrity version. That should be a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

But one that I really do want to see, if it hasn't started yet is the polygraph show where they have family/friends there when you answer the questions. That looks like it has the potential to be a good show. I just hope that it is not all hype and creative editing in the commercials for it because I want to see this show live up to all of the hype. Amazing what people will do for money. I did see something about a guy being a peeping tom or something. I wonder if there is a statute of limitations on something like that. It would be really funny to see someone admit to something so that they could get paid and end up in the pokey.

One of the funniest things is a desperate attempt to re-hash one of the cheesiest game shows ever, American Gladiators. Yeah BROTHER!! Hulk Hogan is supposed to be hosting this. I wonder if the champ will have to take him on or something. Maybe a cage match or something.

I really had no idea how bad things would get without writers. Something really needs to be done because even the highlights of TV shows are really sucking pretty badly. I hear there is supposed to be a Terminator TV series now. Which from what very brief moment of the commercial that I saw, it appeared to be the movie remade.

Side note, I saw a commercial for a product that I really wonder how well it is going to do. The product is Diet Pepsi Max. Diet Pepsi with extra caffeine and Ginseng. Sounds like liquid ass in a bottle to me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails