Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bake Sale


Recently I’ve been hearing commercials about this bake sale to eliminate hunger. Now I have never been labeled as one of the greatest thinkers that mankind has even known, but wouldn’t you make more progress by cutting out the middle man? Wouldn’t it be more helpful to just give the hungry people the baked goods?

Maybe the event coordinators could also hold the events below that don’t quite hit the mark.

There could be a sleep-in to fight insomnia.

A tough man contest to fight domestic violence

What about hotdog eating contest to fight bulimia?

I guess that’s better than track and field events for multiple sclerosis

Walk-a-thon for weight loss?

Pool parties for people who can’t swim

Ski lessons for people who are afraid of heights

A monster truck contest to fight drinking and driving?

I’m not the biggest fan of carrot cake but if I was starving, not hungry but haven’t eaten in days or weeks, I would be neck jamming beta-carotene like a crazy person. I wouldn’t even need a glass of milk or anything. And even in a weakened state I think I would be able to kick the ass of everyone in a cakewalk if that’s what it took to get food.

Just seems to me that if people are starving to death and you have food and would like to help them, just give them the damn food. But Nooooo! They waited weeks to organize an event and promote it. In the mean time people starved… to death! I hope that you are happy, you basically were teasing a starving person by telling them that you are going to give them food, and not just food, baked goods. Some dude died while waiting on his chocolate chip cookies! Man that’s messed up.

- Don’t get dead

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails