Friday, March 06, 2009

Missed the mark on this one

Just like everyone else we are trying to save money where we can. So we decided to try these energy efficient light bulbs in our house where we had a couple of burned out bulbs. You know the lights that I am talking about, they have the little, white, squiggly tube in them, in our case it was incased in a flood light casing.

The idea behind them is that they use less electricity, pretty simple concept to follow. But what they don’t tell you about is how they take forever to light up. I know it’s a crazy idea but I really have gotten used to being able to flip a switch and the light actually coming on.

So the savings in per hour that these bulbs are going to save me is really costing me more money because instead of being able to flip on the lights in my kitchen, look in the pantry and find what I want, I have to flip on the lights switch and then come back in an hour when there is actually light. Let’s see, save 3 cents an hour on these ridiculously high priced light bulbs but have it actually have to be on for an hour to be able to see OR flip a switch get what I need and go at 3 cents more per hour.

So I pay more for the light bulbs and have to have them on longer so that I can actually see? Screw the environment, it is about to put me in the poor house!

Oh and this is my 300th post, go me!

Don’t get dead

2 comments:

none said...

Congrats on 300!

I know what you mean about the light bulbs. I thought the same thing at first,but my husband insisted on them. We've had ours for a little over a year and so far they've paid for themselves and saved us some money. There actually worth it in the long run.
If you need some tips on saving money I can give you a few. We've learned quite a few things from having a family of 6.

Booya said...

Heidi - Thanks and I will take all the help that I can get on saving cash right now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails