Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Every time that the phone rings I panic just a little bit

One day I get a call from my wife who, at the time, was working from home. Since I was in the office she asked if I had a moment and that she needed to tell me something. Of course this makes me a little nervous but I told her that I had some time and asked what was up. She goes on to tell me that while she was on a conference call with three vice-presidents of her company she noticed that the children where quiet. Any one who reads this and has children knows that sometimes when your children are quiet it can be a bad thing. Since she was on this call she couldn’t really just yell for the kids but she knew that she had to investigate. So she mutes her phone and goes into the kid’s bath room.

If you are drinking anything right now go ahead and swallow it.

She opens the door to the bathroom and finds my two year-old son standing there, naked and blue. Yeah, blue, like the primary color. From head to toe he was blue.

Want to know why? Well it wasn’t that he was choking or anything like that. Nope, he took the cup that they use to rise after brushing their teeth and decided to baptize himself in the toilet. Our father, who are the Tidy Bowl Man, bless this child and keep us from checking our self into the looney bin.

So not only was he blue, the floor was covered in about an eighth inch of blue water. Fortunately there was nothing else in the toilet. My wife called poison control in case he ingested some of it. Just in case you are wondering, blue tidy bowl is actually safe to eat. Might make you feel like something you would flush but a bowl full won’t kill you.

And we all thought that the popularity of the Smurfs died in the 80’s.

Don’t get dead

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails