Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Olympics

Is anyone getting excited about the summer Olympics? I have a slight interest only because of the “controversy”. Other than that I could care less. But I don’t know why. The Olympics used to be a big deal. Now it’s almost like any other TV show. It used to be that people knew who were going to be our biggest competitors and the U.S. was expected to medal if not win pretty much every event that we entered. Now, I don’t know how many events we are going to enter, who any of the big name athletes are or if we are even expected to medal in anything. This could completely be me, maybe I have gotten out of the loop and everyone else still has Olympic fever if you will.

I am interested to watch the opening ceremonies just to see if anything happens. Waiting for the train wreck to happen if you will. That is if I am home and happen to think about it.

And just like the winter games with Curling, the summer games have their stupid event, walking. Yeah, walking is an Olympic event. Who know that I was an Olympiad in training! I have been walking for years. But how do to tell a fast walk from a jog? I could be completely off base, just funny to me.

I do hope that the U.S. team does well.

Don’t get dead

1 comment:

Jake said...

Its because the US is more mexican than American now...the bird is comin along pretty good..just got my Vacuum lines installed correctly and did some major cleaning to my radiator overflow jug...the jug showed evidence that my bird had had a blown head at one time too...didnt like that too much

Related Posts with Thumbnails