Friday, November 14, 2008

Birthdays

Tomorrow is the birthday of one of my children. And in this family we have this really weird/odd thing that happens with birthdays. Most of them are either on a holiday/special day or another family member’s birthday.

For example, my birthday is on/around Memorial Day, my wife’s birthday is a few days after Christmas and if that wasn’t weird enough she shares it with one of her sister’s. And no they are not twins. They are three years apart actually. One of my children shares a birthday with my wife’s other sister. My mother-in-law’s birthday is birthday is very near Halloween and my father-in-laws birthday is close to Christmas as well. One of my nephews birthday is on Valentines Day. So it’s always some neat little affiliation with each birthday.

But my child whose birthday is tomorrow shares it with my mom. But you see my mom passed away eight years ago from cancer, so it’s always a bitter-sweet day. I mean I love my children more than I could ever express and I love my mom too, but it makes me a bit sad because my mom never got to meet my children.

So if I am unable to bring the funny over the weekend that is the reason. But I will try.

I have no idea why I am writing this, just something that I felt I needed to do. Hope I didn’t bum everyone out.

But on a side note, I really do appreciate everyone who reads it and comments on it. And I thank you.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I hope you guys had a great birthday weekend. I'm sorry I wasn't able to come up and visit. I really wanted to try out that dinosaur bounce house too. :(

PS: Your mom would have been proud of your kids and you too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails