Thursday, January 15, 2009

I wasn’t quite to the 7th layer of hell, but really deep in the 6th last night.

Oh damn I have been sick for weeks now. And it sucks, royally. I hate being sick. I have a serious case of “jello brain” where my head feels like my brain is made of jello and someone just shoot the shit out of me. On top of that, I CAN’T FUCKING BREATH. My snot locker is packed full and it’s not going anywhere. And I got some serious pressure in my head going on. Oh, and it’s about 2 fucking degrees out side. And that’s how I feel today, last night was worse!

So when I got home last night I had two things that I wanted to do, get warm and sleep and that’s it. My wife took the kids to the mall so that I could get a head start on my plans for the evening. And as much of a chick thing as it is to do, I had to soak in a tub full of hot water (sorry Kimber). While in said tub o’ scalding H2O I noticed that my wife left the TV on. That’s cool I got something to listen to while I am in here. Then it happened, American Idol came on.

Now this wasn’t deep into the 6th layer for the reason you think. I was actually enjoying the people who could sing. But they only let them sing for maybe 30 seconds. But the clones of Helen Keller that they had on the show got to sing for fucking hours it seemed like. And not just one song. Every damn one of them sang “Signed, Sealed, Delivered” at least a half dozen times. I was actually willing those people to die, I know the show was pre-recorded but they should take my feelings into account regardless of when the show airs.

It wouldn’t have been a big deal if I felt good because I could have just gotten my happy ass up, went into the bedroom and turned the TV off and then got back into the tub. But that’s just it, I didn’t quite fell like I was on Death’s doorstep but I was damn sure in his front yard.

Don’t get dead

4 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is feel good......

cassdawn said...

neti pot
clears the snot
american idol
makes me suicidal

kimberkara said...

Nasal spraym will help you breath. Take it from someone who has tried everything. Nasal spray is the shit!
The American Idol tryouts is kind of amusing when you are with a few friends and have other stuff to talk about. It's fun to cringe at the bad ones and harshly judge the good ones, as if we could do better. AI is not for the sick trying to enjoy a hot bath, but at least she didn't turn the heat off when she left.

Booya said...

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood girl - yes, my blog is feel good

Cassdawn - I have heard so much about them, I will have to try one if this doesnt get better

Kimber - I am all about some nasal spray

Related Posts with Thumbnails