Friday, January 23, 2009

The Glove

This is one of the reasons that I am leery of the drive-thru. A while back I went to grab a quick bite to eat at a Burger King and we decided to go in and eat in the restaurant. You know the typical routine, wait in line, order your food, wait for your number to be called, come pick up your tray and go to your seat. So I made my way through the line and am waiting off to the side for my number to be called. As I am waiting I notice that the guy working the register is the one who is getting the orders together and he is kind of, well a dipshit.

I just had this feeling that my order was going to be wrong or something so I was watching him as he was ringing up orders and filling them. So as I am watching I see him get a tray ready, open a bag, scratch his nuts, put a burger into the bag and call my number. OH HELL NO. So I tell him that I got to speak to his manager. After a dirty look he calls the manager over and mumbles some crap.

So the manager comes over and ask me what he could do for me and I told him that I was going to need a new burger. Of course he ask why and I tell him that his employee just scratched his balls then put my burger in the bag.

The manager actually had the audacity to tell me, “Sir, he is wearing a plastic glove”. Dude, I see the glove, the glove is what touched his boys just before he put the burger into the bag. Hell, I would almost rather that he took the glove off to pick up my burger at that point. Just because he is reusing the same plastic glove that is probably the only one he has ever worn doesn’t mean that it is some kind of magic sterile glove that can never get contaminated. Damn dude, you eat the burger then.

So there is no telling what happens that we never see while waiting in the drive-thru.

Enjoy your lunch!

Don’t get dead

7 comments:

kimberkara said...

That which I do not know about and doesn't kill me makes me stronger.

The Middle Lifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Middle Lifer said...

Look at the bright side, he could have scratched his ass.

Andrea said...

Does it ever make you wonder when you take a bite out of a juicy burger and the bun is a little soggy, "is this grease or ball sweat?"
Insert gagging noise here.
Gross!

cassdawn said...

dude, what's your problem those are totally magic gloves ya know. they're made of latex - duh!

reasons 12 and 14 not to eat fast food. the fact it happened; the fact the manager thinks *you* are the one with a problem.

Anonymous said...

Okay, first I must say this happened years ago before manufacturers started putting yogurt into sealed containers, but I witnessed a man open, stick his finger in a yogurt container, stick that finger in his mouth so he could taste the yogurt before he bought it. He did this to about six containers before he found one he liked. I never bought yogurt after that, not until they came up with tamper proof containers.

Booya said...

Kimber - Antibotics don't hurt either

Lifer - Touche'

Andrea - Or it could be some post nasal drip!

cass - but he was management and we shouldn't second guess management right?

Az - I would hate to see how he test condoms to see which ones he likes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails