Saturday, September 15, 2007

Sad Day

Jose and I had a friend from Honduras named Pablo. Pablo was a good dude who worked very hard to help support his mom and two sisters.

One day Jose and I were getting some beer on our way to a party. Jose goes into the store to get the beer while I was waiting in the car. He comes out of the store with this weird look on his face. I asked him was everything ok. In a somber voice he tells me that Pablo killed himself. "In the store!?" I replied. Jose says "No dumbass, last night" so I asked him how did he know. He said that our friend Chris was in the store and told him about it. He said that the saddest part was that Pablo only had $.75 to his name and since he couldn't read or write English very well his suicide note read "M - $.25 S1- $.25 S2 - $.25" meaning that he split his last money between his mom and his two sisters.

After a few minutes of disbelief I asked Jose if he knew how he did it. He chuckles and says that he that he ended up finally shooting himself. "Why are you laughing and what do you mean finally?" I asked. Jose says they found him on his bed with the gun still in his hand but the strange thing was that there were bumps all over his head. Then they found a slingshot and some rocks on the floor.

We busted out laughing our asses off. I mean that's a pretty damn funny picture. I can just see him sitting there with the slingshot up to his head with the rubber band part fully extended with a rock in it. Then WHAM! right into the head. Followed up by "This shit hurts man, give me the gun!" in his Hispanic accent. We felt like shit for joking about it and come to find out that Chris was just messing with Jose.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails