Thursday, October 02, 2008

Putting the band back together

Well, actually putting a band together for the first time.

Well, not really. But I have the best name for a band. And you see it everywhere so there is some instant publicity. The band name is “We’re Closed”. Yeah, how much would that rock? I can just see marquees all over the country with things like “TONIGHT ONLY – WE’RE CLOSED”, or “FOR THE FIRST TIME IN BUFFALO – WE’RE CLOSED”, or maybe “COMING SOON – WE’RE CLOSED”. What do you think? Is this a great idea or what?

And you know how bands have shortened names, like Van Halen is just called “VH” sometimes and Powerman 5000 is “PM5K” or Motley Crue is just called “Crue”. We could shorten the band name to just “Closed”. The band name would be everywhere. Small towns all over the country would have the band name on practically every retail establishment.

It would also be funny to see the confused looks on people’s faces when they see all of the cars in the parking lot but a sign saying “ONE NIGHT ONLY – WE’RE CLOSED”.

Oh and then, when the band gets to be a mega band and we can’t go out in public without getting mobbed and some club does close, there will be a huge demand from the fans to see the band. And thus the club would have to open back up due to sheer demand of the band. And during the holiday season “CLOSED FOR THANKSGIVING”!

Hell, I may have solved the economic crisis.

I got to quit drinking while at work.

Don’t get dead

2 comments:

Phats said...

I say run with it sounds like a good idea to me.

BTW I was reading your profile and I love your occupation haha

Mr. Shife said...

I like it. Maybe I can start a band and call it "We're Open" or maybe "Open 9-5" and we can tour the country together. But don't quit drinking at work. That is a lose-lose proposition.

Related Posts with Thumbnails