Wednesday, October 01, 2008

This may be my last post ever

You see I have family coming into town from out of state, but it’s not what you think. I love them and I can’t wait to see them. The only thing that sucks about them getting here is that means that it is that much closer to when they leave.

Let me explain it to you, I come from a small family and both of my parents will only children so when I met my wife’s HUFUCKINGMONGUS family I was just a wee bit intimidated. Of course it wasn’t just meeting them, it was during Thanksgiving and it was like the fucking Stones where playing a concert at her parents’ house. There where people everyone. So there I am getting introduced to person after person, family members, extended family members, boyfriends, girlfriends and family friends. So not only am I wanting to blend into the wallpaper, now I got to remember the greater Dallas whitepages in fear of some sort of pre-feast test. And if that wasn’t enough I then subjected myself to more punishment. I asked what they all did. So there is Uncle So-and-So and he works for the DEA. Great, that’s all I need is to sweat a background check (oh god, I just had a Meet The Parents flashback). And then there is Aunt So-and-So, she is a teacher for special needs children. Damn-it, now I can’t say retard, which is a word that I over use, much less tell stories about my friend who I commonly refer to as retards. And then there is the DEA uncle’s brother who works for a pharmaceuticals sales company. Wait a minute, one brother sales drugs (legally) and the other one bust people who use drugs? Oh that’s funny. So this went on and on and over time I got to know them.

But they are unbelievably fun. Your face hurts from laughing fun. So yeah, I am kind of pumped about this weekend. Because I realizes how much they all lover each other and love spending time with each other. And some how I hit the family lottery and am now apart of this wicked fun group.

Every time we are together we reminisce about past events and end up always have new events to reminisce about for the next time we see each other. I will have to blog about the canoe trip at some point.

So why may this be my last post? Because I might just hitch a wagon to theirs and go with them. Hey change is good for the soul right?

Oh man, this is mushy. Ok, this may be the next to my last post, I got to get back to the sarcasm.

Don’t get dead

2 comments:

Mr. Shife said...

You can't leave now. We are just getting to know each other. Have fun with the family and thanks for sending me good thoughts.

Phats said...

Hey thanks for coming by my blog!

This was a good post, I agree with my buddy shife don't leave now. Sounds like the family is a lot of fun.

BTW Bama will NOT lose to UK this week I would promise but then they might and i'd look "retarded!"

Related Posts with Thumbnails