Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Political Question

I don’t do politics in my blogs and I wish everyone else didn’t as well. But that’s just me. Not that I don’t do politics, I just don’t blog about it. I have a candidate that I like and I have done my own research and I like this candidate for my own personal reasons. Which is what I feel politics should be, personal. Regardless of which party your vote for, the other party(ies) have a ton of dirt (fabricated or not) on them. Which is why I feel that everyone should pick a candidate for themselves and not do it because of any outside forces.

But my question is, is it possible to support a candidate without hating their competition?

In every form of government in America from the small little home town city counsel to the Presidency of the United States of America no one just supports their candidate. They have to support their candidate by bashing the opposition. Why is that? Why can’t people just support their candidate?

I read a lot of blogs and a lot of them are pretty funny but when they start to spew their own political vomit it really turns sad. Trust me, no one knows everything about politics and from what I have seen hardly anyone does their own research. And if anyone thinks they do know everything, they are a bigger fool than I originally thought. But that’s ok, if I was really bothered by it I wouldn’t continue to read their blogs now would I?

And this is not pointed at one person or party or anything like that. Trust me we all have idiots in our campaigns. That is bipartisan.

So I am proposing an idea which I know hardly anyone if anyone at all will follow but, how about taking the high road? Support the candidate of your choice all that you want but do it in a positive way and not by pointing out what you feel the other candidate has/is/does/will do wrong if elected.

Just an idea, I could be wrong.

Don’t get dead

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails