Monday, September 22, 2008

I am not sure that I am sane

Not saying that I am crazy so much, I will leave that up to interpretation. I just know that I think about things that normal people probably don’t. And it makes me wonder if I suffered a head trauma that I don’t recall.

Not that I have some radical way out of the norm thinking, just a little off kilter.

For example, if you are angered by hemorrhoids, does that mean that you have rhoid rage?

And we have all heard the phrase “When in Rome, do as the Romans do” right? So what if you are in Rome, Ga. Does that mean that you get to drink Budweisers out of a can and beat your wife? What about in other places? Like if you are in Ethiopia? Do you have to starve yourself? Yes, I know that is tacky. What about if I go to Mexico, when I come home am I going to have to sneak back across the border? Where do we draw the line on simulating local culture?

So you can see why I worry about myself sometimes. It’s not like I sit around thinking up a way to build a working perpetual motion machine. No, I spend my time thinking of how to successfully make an all that you can eat place that delivers. Would people just call the place up and say, “Hey, umm, yeah, we would like some more”. As long as they ordered one time how could you argue with them?

Maybe I should get a cat scan or something.

Don’t get dead

1 comment:

Mr. Shife said...

I think we all need to go a little loco to stay sane so you are OK. Your best bet is to just watch the "Rome." It was a HBO miniseries. Pretty good stuff. Should keep you occupied for a bit and then you might not even care if you heading to Insanity Inn.

Related Posts with Thumbnails